Boys Varsity Basketball
We have received official instructions from the MHSAA regarding the girls regional tonight, Thursday, March 12th at Edsel Ford, and the boys district championships tomorrow, Friday, March 13th here at Bedford.
Parents/legal guardians and essential administration will be the only ones allowed to attend the contests. NO students will be allowed to enter. We will be distributing 3 passes to each player on the roster who may distribute them among his/her parents/guardians only. This directive will be strictly enforced.
I apologize for the use of such strong measures. However, the MHSAA is enforcing this attendance restriction in order to provide as much protection from the recent outbreak of COVID-19.
This remains a fluid situation as another update will be released at 2:00 PM today by the MHSAA.
Bedford Athletic Director
Toledo Public Schools has initiated new rules for attending basketball games at Toledo Public Schools. Please read the guidelines below to help you prepare for attendance at Woodward HS on Tuesday, Dec 10. Freshman, Jv and Varsity games will be played.
1. Doors will open 30 minutes prior to first game of the night, with freshmen games beginning at 4:45 pm. If there is no freshmen game, then the first game will be the junior varsity game, which will begin at 6 pm.
2. Students who attend from either team must show school ID for admission. Students without valid ID will not be admitted. Spectators (including parents) who are not students will be asked to show valid ID.
3. Metal detectors will be used at all TPS home basketball games.
4. Students who attend other TPS high schools or other local schools must be accompanied by an adult to attend the game.
5. No ticket sales after the end of the 2nd quarter of the varsity game, which begins at 7:30 pm.
6. No re-entry
7. No backpacks or large bags will be permitted. All belongings are subject to being searched.